Monday, January 17, 2011

Apricot Jam

Turns out we have an apricot tree in the backyard, which has produced an abundance of apricots... and it inspired me to do something I’ve never done before... make jam!

Back in Kiev, I remember buying kilos and kilos of fruit, carting it home in a bucket on the tram and then making jam in a huge copper tub. I loved everything about the process - the smell, the foamy part on top that I got to eat, the responsibility of taking out the pips.

Obviously I didn’t remember the recipe – just googled it and went with the simplest recipe I found on the internet. But I think it came out OK. Now I have litres of jam to give away :)



2 comments:

Zoya said...

Back in Russia we had about 7 (or more) mature apricot trees, so we made apricot jam, apricot juice, dried apricot, apricot pies, apricot pastila (I think you get the picture). I used to have nightmares full of apricots. But now I really miss them as they are expensive in the shops and don't taste all that good. I'm jealous! (my dream is to one day to have few fruit trees in my garden)

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Don't know about jam but I love apricots :-)